The training provides a certificated qualification for education agents, counsellors and consultants who have successfully completed the British Council’s Agents training within the last 2 years, and has several years’ experience as a practitioner. The knowledge-base of agents as professionals, and of the education sectors in which they operate, continually changes. The British Council recognizes that committed professionals constantly strive to update their knowledge and adapt to the changing environment through continuing professional development.
• Unit 1 introduces and develops knowledge and understanding of continual professional development, and guides and supports you in defining your role and planning your development. This unit cover the following sections: why choose the UK as an international study destination; how much does it cost; wworking; eentry clearance & immigration regulations; accommodation; why choose a UK education.
• Unit 2 contains important information and guidance on recording your professional development activities, portfolio requirements, rules and regulations for completion and submission. This unit covers the following sections: the UK education system; English language learning; independent schools and private colleges; further and work-based education; foundation and pathway courses; higher education: undergraduate study; higher education: postgraduate study; study for UK qualifications outside of the UK.
• NEW UNIT! - Unit 3 covers the following sections: professionalism and ethical behavior; working with UK institutions; visa and immigration compliance for UK institutions and students; data protection and intellectual property; child protection.
A minimum of 35 hours CPD must be covered and have to include the following areas:
• Education sector knowledge
• Life in the UK
• Visas and immigration
• Marketing and promotion
• Professionalism and ethics