Representatives of the University of Edinburgh are coming to Azerbaijan on 9 October 2017 to conduct a presentation on the:
- history and background of the university
- degree structure
- studying in Scotland
- admissions process
- student experience.
The University of Edinburgh is one of the distinguished universities in the Great Britain. It is a fantastic place to study and prides itself as:
- a prestigious, world-leading educational institution
- a research-intensive university, where teaching is delivered by the people who are at the forefront of research in their area of expertise
- our recent notable research projects include Dolly the Sheep, the Higgs Boson, Hepatitis B vaccine and more recently Li-Fi.
- ranked 23rd in the world (QS World University Ranking 2017)
- part of the Russell Group of UK Universities
- 37,000 students at the University, including 14,900 international
- by UK standards, the University of Edinburgh is a fairly large institution, and we have over 12000 staff which means the staff-student ratio is very high and teaching is conducted in small groups
- The University of Edinburgh has a graduate employment rate of over 96%, ranked 23rd in the world for employability and has some of the UK’s highest paid graduates
- Edinburgh is a capital city, and students have opportunities to take advantage of being in a fantastic location with access to great facilities and resources
- Edinburgh is a historical city which has recently been voted as the safest city in the UK.
Mr Harish Lokhun (Regional Manager – Central and South Asia) and Ms Wendy Magowan (Admissions Officer from the School of Informatics) from the University of Edinburgh will be visiting Azerbaijan in October to conduct the presentation. The presentation will take place at 18:00, 09 October at the Ares Hall (-1 floor) in the Landmark Hotel.
You are invited to attend a presentation on ‘Studying at the University of Edinburgh’. This is your chance to learn more about studying at one of the UK’s top universities and ask any questions.
Date: 9 October 2017 Monday
Location: Landmark Hotel, ARES hall (-1 floor)
Attendance is free.
Please send your name, surname and contact details to email@example.com by 7 October 2017. Please also let us know which courses and degrees you are interested in.
Places are limited!