All the world’s a stage…
Shakespeare video competition
William Shakespeare, the world’s greatest dramatist, was born 450 years ago, on 23 April 1564. There are celebrations all over the world in honour of this anniversary, and in Azerbaijan the British Council is celebrating all this year - with teachers, students, artists, actors, and everyone who loves Shakespeare.
Here’s your chance to join us – and to win some Shakespeare prizes!
What to do:
- Choose a monologue or extract from any of Shakespeare’s plays
- Practise acting the lines. Rehearse! And rehearse again!
- Make a video recording on your mobile phone (or camera)
- When you’re happy with it, upload the video on YouTube
- Send the link to your YouTube video by private message to the British Council Azerbaijan Facebook page (or by email to Shakespeare@britishcouncil.az)
About the competition:
- Everyone and anyone can enter – no age or nationality limits.
- Your monologue should be in English
- Your video must not be more than 3 minutes long
- Closing date is 31 May 2014
- Shortlisted top 5 videos will be posted on British Council Facebook page for voting. The judges’ decisions will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. Final voting will be by public voting on Facebook on 18 – 29 June 2014
- Winners will be announced on 30 June 2014
- By providing a submission, you agree that your submission may be posted on the British Council-related websites, in the British Council’s sole discretion
- The top prize will be an English/ IELTS course in the British Council ADA University English Centre
- Other prizes include a free IELTS exam, books, and invitations to all the year’s Shakespeare450 events