The University of Edinburgh is one of the worlds and UK’s oldest and leading Universities. It’s a great destination to study in the UK and each year University welcomes a number of students from Azerbaijan to study different courses from all subject areas starting from foundation level to Bachelors and Masters including PhD. There are currently 54 alumni from Azerbaijan who have attended different programmes at the Edinburgh University.
Edinburgh is a very popular choice for international students for many reasons including:
- A prestigious, world leading educational institution;
- A research intensive university, where teaching is delivered by the people who are at the forefront of research in their area of expertise;
- Our recent notable research projects include Dolly the Sheep, the Higgs Boson and Lifi.
- Ranked 19th in the world (QS World University Ranking 2016);
- Part of the Russell Group of UK Universities;
- Over 35,000 students at the University, including over 14,800 international;
- By UK standards, the University of Edinburgh is a fairly large institution, and we have over 12000 staff which means the staff-student ratio is very high and teaching is conducted in small groups;
- The University of Edinburgh has a graduate employment rate of over 96%, ranked 23rd in the world for employability and has some of the UK’s highest paid graduates;
- Edinburgh is a capital city, and students have opportunities to take advantage of being in a fantastic location with access to great facilities and resources.
- Edinburgh is a historical city which has recently been voted as the safest city in the UK.
Mr Harish Lokhun from the University of Edinburgh will be visiting Azerbaijan in October and he will have a presentation at the British Council Azerbaijan office on 5 October 2016 at 18.00. You are invited to attend a presentation on ‘Studying at the University of Edinburgh’. This is your chance to learn more about studying at one of the UK’s top universities.
Date: 5 October 2016
Location: The British Council, 8th Floor, The Landmark III Building, 90A Nizami Street
Attendance is free.
Please send your name, surname and contact details to email@example.com by 4 October 2016. If possible please also let us know in which courses and degrees you are interested to study in.
Places are limited!