The University of Edinburgh is listed on the ‘State Scholarship Program on Education of Azerbaijani Youth Abroad in 2007-2015’ and there are currently 32 students from Azerbaijan enrolled at the University. Students study courses from all subject areas and we offer courses from foundation level to PhD including Bachelors and Masters.
Edinburgh is a very popular choice for international students for many reasons including:
• A prestigious, world leading educational institution;
• A research intensive university, where teaching is delivered by the people who are at the forefront of research in their area of expertise;
• Our recent notable research projects include Dolly the Sheep, the Higgs Boson and Hepatitis B vaccine.
• Ranked 17th in the world (QS World University Ranking 2014);
• Part of the Russell Group of UK Universities;
• 33,000 students at the University, including over 13000 international;
• By UK standards, the University of Edinburgh is a fairly large institution, and we have over 12000 staff which means the staff-student ratio is very high and teaching is conducted in small groups;
• The University of Edinburgh has a graduate employment rate of over 96%, ranked 18th in the world for employability and has some of the UK’s highest paid graduates;
• Edinburgh is a capital city, and students have opportunities to take advantage of being in a fantastic location with access to great facilities and resources.
• Edinburgh is a historical city which has recently been voted as the safest city in the UK.
Mr Stuart Easter from the University of Edinburgh will be visiting Azerbaijan in March and he will have a presentation at the British Council Azerbaijan office on 13 March 2014 at 16.00. You are invited to attend a presentation on ‘Studying at the University of Edinburgh’. This is your chance to learn more about studying at one of the UK’s top universities.
Date: 13 March 2015, Friday
Location: The British Council, 8th Floor, The Landmark III Building, 90A Nizami Street
Attendance is free.
Please send your name, surname and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 March 2015. If possible please also let us know in which courses and degrees you are interested in.
Places are limited!