We are pleased to announce that we are opening Communicative Assessment Course for English teachers starting in July 2014. This self-access course is ideal for summer break as it can be completed in a month in your own pace. You can find detailed information about the course below.
If you would like to attend our online teacher training course, please fill in the online application form and complete your registration by Sunday, 22th June 2014. For further information and registration, you may contact Konul Ahmadova at Konul.email@example.com
Who it's for:
Communicative Assessment is a short 20-hour online self-access course for busy teachers and examiners of English who are interested in exploring new approaches to assessment and testing. It is a general course suitable for teachers and examiners working in the secondary, tertiary or the private ELT sector.
Registration deadline: 22 June 2014
Course start/end date: 1 July – 1 August 2014 (20 hours over 4 weeks)
Course Price: 70 AZN
Part of: Stages 2 and 3 of the CPD framework
Level of English required: B1+
The course aims are to help participants:
• identify and use some of the key terminology associated with assessment and testing
• focus on approaches to assessment and testing within the Communicative Approach to English Language Teaching
• link assessment theory directly to the design of testing and assessment materials Focus on testing each language skill as well as integrating skills testing.
The course is made up of a minimum of 20 hours of online self-access training comprising ten sections available online.
The ten sections cover the following topics:
- Assessment theory
- Formative assessment
- Item review
- Item analysis
- Test specification
- Testing reading skills
- Testing writing skills
- Testing listening skills
- Testing speaking skills
- Testing integrated skills
Each section contains reading tasks, exercises, reflective tasks and assessment activities to try out in participants’ own contexts. Some sections also contain questionnaires and audio recordings.
In order to complete the course, participants are required to:
• access and read all the documents and resources for each section
• successfully complete the exercises and questionnaires in each section.
Participants successfully completing all sections of the course will receive a certificate.