“Culture and Creativity for Innovation and Growth” Forum will take place on 25-26 October 2017 at the Stone Chronicle Museum (address: the State Flag Square). The forum will focus on developing cultural and creative industries in Azerbaijan. The forum will bring together good examples from the European Union as well as highlights the good practices and case-studies from Azerbaijan. As the last of the National Cultural Forums organised by the EU-Eastern Partnership Culture and Creativity Programme, it will also serve as a platform to introduce the key results of the entire Programme’s period.
The Forum will consist of two main parts:
- 25 October: Cross-disciplinary Business Development Workshop TEAMLAB AZERBAIJAN for students. The workshop will engage students and young entrepreneurs and give them first-hand experience in developing their creative business plans with the help of experienced mentors.
- 26 October: Azerbaijan Creative Industries Forum. The forum will outline the key steps in developing sustainable creative industries ecosystem in Azerbaijan and sharing of the good practices from the European Union countries. As the forum will take place at the end of the Programme period, it will allow to present and discuss all key findings for cultural and creative sector’s development for Azerbaijan conducted during Culture & Creativity Programme’s activities, including results of sub-sector mappings, Creative Towns and Regions Initiative, Policy Briefs on developing audio-visual sector, report on developing creative industries in Azerbaijan, UNESCO Culture for Development Indicators, etc.
The aims of the Forum:
- Raise awareness of cultural and creative industries and their potential to contribute to the development of Azerbaijan.
- Discuss the ways to develop creative industries ecosystem in Azerbaijan and propose recommendations for key stakeholders.
- Introduce the key findings and results of the Culture & Creativity Programme’s activities, research initiatives and mappings and share the results with wider audiences.
- Provide practical experience to students of different disciplines on developing their creative ideas and elaborate their creative business models with the help of mentors and established creative professionals.
- Promote the entrepreneurial mindset and give tools and techniques to help creative professionals to start new projects or small businesses.
In order to apply for participation at the forum, please fill out the following online form.