TKT is a test of professional knowledge for teachers of English to speakers of other languages. It is ideal for all teachers, whatever your background and teaching experience.
Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT) has been developed for people who:
- Are already teaching, but would like to take an internationally recognised qualification to gain formal recognition for their experience
- Want to enhance their career opportunities by broadening their teaching experience into specialist areas
- Want to keep their teaching skills up to date.
TKT is divided into separate modules. You can take them all, or just choose the ones that meet your needs. You have total flexibility in how and when you take the modules and receive a certificate for each one completed. There are 3 core modules designed to provide a foundation in the practice and principles of language teaching.
- TKT: Module 1 – Background to language teaching
- TKT: Module 2 – Planning for language teaching
- TKT: Module 3 – Classroom management
- TKT: Content and Language Integrated Learning – A test of the understanding of this exciting approach to teaching curriculum subjects through the medium of a second or third language.
- TKT: Young Learners – A test of the background knowledge related to teaching young learners in the 6–12 age range.
TKT is internationally recognized, highly respected and a benchmark for quality because it is awarded by Cambridge English, part of the University of Cambridge.