‘Teaching for Success’ project is a British Council and Azerbaijan Ministry of Education initiative that in an integrated manner addresses the level of teachers’ proficiency in the English language. It is a 12-month medium-scale pilot project where 600 English teachers from 54 Schools of Baku will improve their language proficiency and teaching skills during one academic year.
The aim of the project is:
- To assess and improve teachers’ language proficiency.
- To enhance their pedagogical knowledge and skills in teaching and assessing speaking.
- To link in-service training to specific teacher needs and curricular goals.
- To promote school-based professional learning.
- To assess student learning, particularly their oral skills.
The training workshops are conducted by the professional British Council trainers.