Teaching for Success is a joint project between the British Council and the Ministry of Education of the Azerbaijan Republic. This initiative addresses the level of teachers’ speaking proficiency in the English language. It is a 10-month medium-scale pilot project where 600 English teachers from 60 secondary public schools of Baku improve their language speaking proficiency and teaching skills during one academic year. The project started in 2017 and by now it has impacted 1200 English teachers and 120 secondary schools of Baku.
The aims of the programme are:
- To assess and improve teachers’ language proficiency.
- To enhance their pedagogical knowledge and skills in teaching and assessing speaking.
- To link in-service training to specific teacher needs and curricular goals.
- To promote school-based professional learning.
- To assess student learning, particularly their speaking skills.
The training workshops are conducted by the professional British Council trainers.
To learn more information about the project, please contact the Teaching for Success Project Coordinator Ms Konul Ahmadova at firstname.lastname@example.org