Research Assistant (paid internship, fixed-term)
We are looking for research assistants who will be working with us on a research project within the framework of 'Crafting Futures' programme run by British Council in South Caucasus. Research Assistants should conduct field research in order to understand the transfer and assimilation of skills in non-formal arts sector. This could include conduction and observation of interviews, however responsibilites are not limited only to the mentioned ones.
|Salary||50 GBP per day|
|Closing date||Monday 16 March 2020|
- Recent graduate from related undergraduate or graduate programmes (art history, craft practice, anthropology, ethnography, documentary film production etc)
- Experience in undertaking research
- Confidence in English Language, spoken and written;
- Capability to undertake fieldwork which will involve travel, overnight stays, and long days;
- Ability to work and liaise as part of a research team both nationally, within the Caucasus and with the UK;
- Excellent communication skills and confidence in dealing with a range of stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal skills when responding to various situations
- Candidates with experience of fieldwork will be prioritized;
- Knowledge of and confidence with digital and office based applications
- Knowledge of and confidence with the management and analysis of data
- Knowledge of and confidence in the use of still and video cameras, and sound recording equipment would be an advantage. Candidates need to be willing to learn to use audio visual equipment.
Included in the payment
- Conduction of all the field research measures
- Management of all the preliminary preparation activities before proceeding to the field research and keeping contact with research lead
- Performance of administrative duties to research lead's satisfaction after field research
Fixed-term duration: ~10 days
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a CV/resume and a cover letter (maximum 500 words) in English to the following mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview by March 20, 2020. The recruitment exercise is conducted by our Crafting Futures programme partner Asmart Creative Hub.